[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript 2.0 syntax

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Fri May 25 07:17:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

here are my thoughts about the document. (Only what is left after
reading the other comments ;-) )

- Names
I like the idea but maybe you should think about some kind of aliases. I
fear that I have to write things like "HierarchicalMenu",
"ActiveWithSubpagesRollover" or "CurrentWithSubpagesRollover" all the
time. You also write "Html" (please make it all uppercase) instead of
"HyperTextMarkupLanguage" ;-)

- Namesspaces
Great idea. In current TS we can copy things from the same level into an
other object. Something like ACT < .NO
Wouldn't it a good idea to enhance this and make it possible to have
paths like in every OS?

Example:

myObjectLibrary {
	hello = Text
	hello.value = "Hello "
	hello.processors.1.wrap("<strong>"|"</strong>")

	world = Text
	world.value = "World"
	world.processors =< ..hello.processors
}

Well, this example doesn't make too much sense and "..bla.bla" doesn't
look very intuitive but maybe someone has another approach!?

"_" might be a better sign. Than it would look like

	 world.processors =< _._.hello.processors

or

	world.processors =< __hello.processors

That's it for the moment.

Greets,