[TYPO3-50-general] OrthoScript

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Sun May 20 11:17:39 CEST 2007

JoH asenau wrote:
>> If you want to stick to uppercase, this makes a difference that adds
>> inconsistency, IMHO. Plus it makes it harder to match TS names to
>> classes/objects in an exact way.
>
> Suggestion: Make it case insensitive, since it doesn't make any difference.
> There is no TEXT, Text and text for different things (except GIFBUILDER
> text.whatever but this should be removed anyway), so it simply doesn't
> matter, what exactly the TypoScript "Author" writes as long as he spells the
> object or property correctly. Still the camel case should be recommended and
> all objects should be written in upper case, but internally you could
> convert everything to lowercase and just use it. It would make life for
> developers a lot easier and remove one possible source for a lot of errors.

good idea, but I see a problem with this: As far as I understood Karsten
they're mapping it to PHP objects, and their names aren't case
insensitive...

TEXT ->lowercase-> text
someConfigurationValue ->lowercase-> somconfigurationvalue

can't call

new Text()
$someConfigurationValue

as you can't guess which letters to transform back to uppercase...

Ingo