[TYPO3-50-general] OrthoScript

Fri May 18 00:46:32 CEST 2007

Hi Robert,

thank you for the good compilation of the thread and your details views.

My feeling about consistency differs in one point.

> I'd like to suggest that we use TypoScript only as a configuration
> syntax for the content rendering. I have had many discussions during
> the last years where we had lots of ideas what else we could do with
> TS but my gut feeling says that we should not mix things up - how
> would you implement standard wrap in a locallang file? Or explain to
> someone that in that special scope standard wrap is not available?
>
> I'm much in favour of consistency here ...

To be honest for me and others it's close to a nightmare that we have to
configure a T3 setup today in 3 different formats in round about 10
differnt places. Only to do a clean configuration of the RTE you have to
configure 3 different places, TCA for the basics, page/user TS for
refinement, TS for adapting the parsers.

It took me nearly a year to discover all the necessary places that are
involved. Such an approach is good for totally crazy freaks, but not for
the masses.

My favour of consitency is to have a single configuration language and at
max. 3 places to work on. So I question myself, wich configuration language
could serve all requiremets.

 1.) setup of the hierarchical content object tree
 2.) easy to handle definition of a multitude of language lables
 3.) handling of a multitude of differnt configuration parameters

I come to a clear answer. It's TS in first place, followed by YAML.

A language configuration could look like this:

components.abcGuestgbook {
  english {
    frontpage.title = Roberts personal guestbook
  }
  german {
    frontpage.title = Roberts persönliches Gästebuch
  }
}

No stdWrap is not needed to do this. It's not even part of TS.
It's a pseudo method wihin a legendary class configured in TS.

Regards

Elmar