[TYPO3-50-general] Creation of the new BE & FE UI's

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Thu May 10 12:35:29 CEST 2007

Hi!
Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Yes. And - as we are not HCI experts or designers - we will try to adopt
> whatever the UI is for TYPO3 at that point. Our hope is that you over at
> HCI come up with a great new concept, maybe even implement it in 4.x.
Yes, we will create at least a large series of mockups for 5.0. We have
thought about implementing such a new UI into TYPO3 4.X too but those
changes are to much and can not be integrated into such a heavy used
codebase without losing many features and extensions. (the 4.X branch
will only be modified in smaller steps)

> But of course: feel free to change things radically when thinking in the
> direction of TYPO3 5.0. We change everything anyway in technical terms,
> so you are not bound to any limitations of the current codebase.
Well this is what we are actually doing. But as we don't have to connect
those nice images to the Core of 5.0 ( :D ) we would like to know if
somebody of you says "Aem.. The feature you planned is nice, but that's
not possible.."

You know :)
Andreas