[TYPO3-50-general] Skinning Api for 5.0

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Thu May 3 22:05:27 CEST 2007

JoH asenau schrieb:
>>> Take a look at this one and the following sections 6.2, 6.3, 6.4 and
>>> 6.5
>>>

> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.0.0/view/6/1/
>>> it's all there but unfortunately nobody seems to be using it.
>> This API is horrible!
>
> I didn't say it is good or that I like it, I just wanted to point out that
> something like a skinning API is available and (like the rest of the
> framework) it has to be improved to make it act like a real framework skin.
> So it seems that the developers are aware of this need and I guess they
> planned something similar for 5.0 as well.

The team is not that big. I guess if something comes up with something
shiny that fits into the new framework ideas and code is welcome.

But before you can define an API for the BE you must define how the BE
works anyway. My favourite is still an MCV framework that uses Smarty
for the views. But I fear the new team has the same do-it-ourselfitis
that Kasper had. *

Masi

* No offence meant, but I see no signs of using existing (and proven)
code/libs.