[TYPO3-50-general] Typo Wiki CSS overhaul

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Mar 28 14:30:29 CEST 2007

Hi Den and Robert,

>>   * No matter how the pros and cons are, I think we should stick to the
>>     fixed width with the grey background like at typo3.org
I am with Den here and use the full width. On bugs.typo3.org we use the
full width because of usability reasons as well, so I'd use that in
trac, too!

> This may really piss Trac off... :) Trac is designed to be full width,
> and some modules really make good use of the space. I'll see if I can
> do it with the existing markup, though it wouldn't make sense to make
> Trac unecessarily cramped.
+1

>>   * Sub headings should not be grey and not be that big. I think
>>     the rule was having just the same size as the regular text but
>>     put the sub headings in bold.
>
> Noted, though I don't like subheadings that are "just bold", I spent 4
> hours mucking around with some typoscript as I missed a heading in the
> TSRef!! I'm going to have an artistic difference with whoever suggests
> they should look identical to bold bodytext, and campaign for
> "slightly larger and bold" ;)
I think that sub headings should be black and not grey, but I think that
different sizes are really good! Especially when we use different
headings in trac (h1 to h4 or something), I like the different sizes as
it makes the work a lot more structured.

>>   * Generally: Is it at all possible to move the custom menu (which
>>     is currently floating at the right side) to left? I would really
>>     appreciate having the same left-menu like on the other TYPO3 sites
>>     as this gives more consistency.
>
> I'm still not 100% sure when and where Trac decides to fire that off.
It is created by the TracNav plugin... On every page where the
navigation should be displayed, it needs to be displayed with
[[TracNav(Navigation/Global)]]
The navigation itself is managed on
http://www.5-0.dev.typo3.org/trac/TYPO3/wiki/Navigation/Global .

Thanks a lot for all your help!

When you are finished with the above changes, just write a little
message here and I'll upload the stuff.

Greetings,
Sebastian