[TYPO3-50-general] t3 <-> eZ Components

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Mon Mar 5 08:50:14 CET 2007

Am Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:40:56 +0100 schrieb Thomas Koch:

> Hi,
>
> Thomas Koch from Essen, Germany. I've just found your Typo3-5.0. project.
>
> I'm working on a PHP5 rewrite of eGroupWare[1] on top of the eZ

Hello Thomas,

I while ago we were discussing if it would be possible to set one of the
PHP groupwares on a common API with TYPO3, so that the components would
run within TYPO3 installations. Alternatively doing this by a kind of
bridge. That would give much better groupware components as TYPO3 plugins
than the current homemade components. It would open the groupware
for a larger field of users.

The central challanges of such an integration would probably be links and
caching mechanisms and a harmonisation of the user righhts model. Some
preparations could be done from side of TYPO3. But I guess the mayor part
of the work to put the groupware on two legs would be on side of the
groupware developers. So it is difficult to suggest the idea from side of
TYPO3. Maybe it findes some fuel of interest to become a fire on side of
groupware developers.

Regards

Elmar