[TYPO3-50-general] I can't see AJAX anywhere?

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Jul 26 10:31:54 CEST 2007

Hi Dan,

Am 26.07.2007 um 10:23 schrieb dan frost:

> I think I got distracted from my point.

Hmm, to be honest, I guess that you didn't get the point Elmar and I
were
trying to make, but nevermind.

> Are you using AJAX? If yes: the ajax client needs to handle JS events
> (clicks, mouse overs etc), send requests and deal with the response.
> Prototype offers a nicer way of dealing with responses than xajax,
> meaning that the client can deal with its own logic.

Yes, we're using AJAX and you're right, XAJAX doesn't deal with
like I currently imagine it for 5.0. Therefore we won't use XAJAX, but
if we use Prototype or MooTools for the JS part doesn't matter, because
we'll have our own code building the client-server bridge. Prototype,
MooTools, extJS, jQuery - they are all equally suitable for that
scenario.

robert
--
http://typo3.org/gimmefive