[TYPO3-50-general] New pages, a roadmap and more news ...

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Sep 29 10:20:49 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

at the end of the week I'm glad to post some more news from our project.
    But first of all I'd like to ask you for your understand if I don't
respond as quick as you hope - currently I can only spend about two days
per week with TYPO3 5.0 and I have to budget that time a bit. So it's
not ignorance but the usual reason: too busy ...

Yesterday I met again with Karsten (we try to meet every Thursday for
working on 5.0 - that requires a 2x2h train ride ...). With Kasper and
Sebastian we discussed some general ideas about including your many
ideas into one - or maybe several projects. We really intend to support
the diversity of ideas and approaches but we need some more time to
discuss this with the other active members of the T3A. Therefore, please
give us some time for this part.

There are some concrete results from our meeting. One point is that we
created an initial roadmap which we'd like to discuss with you in
detail. Check out http://typo3.org/teams/5.0-development/roadmap/ and
let us know what you think about it.

Then I have created two more pages, one about the project in general and
one FAQ page with some initial questions and answers. Feel free to send
us more questions which you think should be answered on this page.

Finally I have uploaded a little diagram and some more text to
illustrate the Data Access Component and content repository
architecture. http://typo3.org/teams/5.0-development/teams/data-access/

If you are interested in the Content Repository topic and would like to
help us out, please consider joining the team of Sebastian Kurfürst who
is currently working on the Jackrabbit connector.

In the pipeline: After some brainstorming Karsten is now preparing an
initial draft for our coding guidelines. I imagine that we even have
something like a coding style guide and a glossary which helps you
choosing the right names for variables, class names etc.

Well, that's all I can write for now, I've got to get back to work ;-)

Have a nice weekend!

robert