[TYPO3-50-general] server vs web root / temp vs cache

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jhh at digitaldistrict.de
Sat Oct 14 20:58:11 CEST 2006

>> Further I want to see this distinction in temp./cache directories. A true
>> temp. directory must no be exposed to the world OTOH many things

> I agree. On Monday I have started to do a little brainstorming for a
> future directory structure. As I imagine that *all* content is stored in

Hi Martin, Robert!

I would vote for a general cache solution, which is not directly tied to the
CR. The main use would be CR I guess, as all regular content is stored in
there. But as always, there are special cases... I just want to keep it open
for other use. What do you think about caching as a separate layer not
directly attached to the CR?

JH