[TYPO3-50-general] phpCRJackrabbit status & progress...

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Nov 30 19:24:05 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> Ok. Noone ever knows the unknown, but if the 10% are such an
> uncalculable risk that you consider months for fixing it I wonder if the
> Java bridge is the right thing.

I tend to be pessimistic when it comes to time estimations.

>> However, I think that it can be achievable having a working connector
>> until end of this year if we really work on it.
>
> I'm still focussing on getting on with 4.x. I don't have the time for
> unpaid endeavours as rewriting TYPO3 in general and I don't believe in
> the CR. But that's only me. Seems to me that for this 5.x effort a new
> generation of TYPO3 devs is needed. New in the meaning of
> new-in-the-team and also young-enough-to-have-plenty-of-spare-time.

I don't think that we neccessarily need only fresh people, but what we
need in fact are fresh thoughts.

I imagine that after a few developers have created a little prototype of
concept and code, others will join - among them those with fewer spare
time and the old stagers. Kasper for example took a step back at the
beginning, which makes a lot of sense, and now starts getting curious
and having fun trying out new concepts.

No problem in the end - at least I have a very high motivation for this
project and can afford at working at least two days a week for it at the
moment. And then there are of course Karsten, Julle and all those
"sometimes"-contributors like Sebastian, Ronny, Christian etc.

--
rbert