[TYPO3-50-general] PHP Data Objects (PDO)

Cyprian Kowalczyk cyprian at pi2.pl
Thu Nov 23 23:53:58 CET 2006

Hello,

I've found this feature [PHP Data Objects (PDO)] recently and I'm
wondering if you plan/can use it in Typo3 5.0?

Here short description from [1]:

PDO provides a uniform data access interface, sporting advanced features
such as prepared statements and bound parameters. PDO drivers are
dynamically loadable and may be developed independently from the core, but
still accessed using the same API.

PDO is not a query abstraction layer like ADODB or Pear DB; it provides
how we access the databases and how the result from the databases are
handled, projects like ADODB might implement a PDO backend, but do not get
confused and think that these two things are the same.

What do you think?

[1] http://wiki.cc/php/PDO
[2] http://au.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo.php

--