[TYPO3-50-general] Lighttpd as "standard"

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Tue Nov 14 14:52:12 CET 2006

Hi fivers!

I would propose lighttpd as sort of standard for typo3 since it is much
higher performant (up to 50% with php) than apache (the paradigm webserver).
Also xcache (one of the fastest new php cachers) works seamless with
this server (the developer is the same person as for lighttpd).

The biggest advantage of lighttpd is the included caching mechanisms
which offer simple but extremly effective ways to make cachedecisions
like this:

http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/wiki/Docs%3AModCML

I think a good built-in caching mechanism would be just great, on the
other hand a server-side one even better - if documentet well! - what
you think? Thats usable for typo3 development with high performance in mind?

- Johannes