[TYPO3-50-general] UTF-16

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Wed Nov 8 14:54:45 CET 2006

Joerg Schoppet schrieb:

> As I understand the discussion about jsr170/cr it is actually only a
> "Let's try it!". As I see, nobody definitely said "TYPO3 5.0 will use
> JSR 170/CR!", but more "TYPO3 5.0 will PERHAPS use JSR 170/CR!". Correct
> me if I'm wrong.

thats also what i understood but nevertheless this point schould be part
of the discussion. i would always vote for the standard if there are no
side effects. but if it does not work it could be decided not to
implement a php-jsr170. the api of jsr170 could be used as a guideline
in that case too.

i personally think that the cr will not be 100% jsr170. just because
noone will have the time to implement the last 10% of features typo3
does not use.

regrards Martin