[TYPO3-50-general] UTF-16

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Nov 8 13:59:57 CET 2006

Joerg Schoppet schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>

>> The same question comes when we talk about West-Europan sites. Do I
>> really want to store UTF16 in my DB? Maybe TYPO3 doesn't need to
>> handle this. At least on Mysql I can have different charsets for
>> client and server. So Mysql could transparently deliver UTF16 but
>> store in UTF8.
>
> As I understand the vision for TYPO3 5.0 the "real" storage will be
> uninteresting for the development.

It may only becoming unintersting for some higher layers. I still think the
performance will suck if some wonder-machine decides on it's own on how to
store things. And as I have been told that th CR provides an SQL interface
somwhere has to given some though to how to store data.

I'm interested in the fundumentals not the icing for some plugin.

Masi