[TYPO3-50-general] UTF-16

Joerg Schoppet joerg at schoppet.de
Wed Nov 8 13:35:45 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> The same question comes when we talk about West-Europan sites. Do I
> really want to store UTF16 in my DB? Maybe TYPO3 doesn't need to handle
> this. At least on Mysql I can have different charsets for client and
> server. So Mysql could transparently deliver UTF16 but store in UTF8.
As I understand the vision for TYPO3 5.0 the "real" storage will be
uninteresting for the development. There will be "storage layer" (sorry,
just forget the official wording), and this layer defines the
storage-place (e.g. filesystem, mysql, postgres, memory, xml-db,
object-db, etc.).

Joerg Schoppet