[TYPO3-50-general] File name conventions for classes and interfaces

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Dec 11 09:39:44 CET 2006

Robert Lemke schrieb:

> Am 07.12.2006 um 14:50 schrieb Joerg Schoppet:
>
>> Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>>
>>> Wonderful, clear, simple. Personally I dislike the 'I' prefix, but
>>> other
>>> than that, this is good.
>>

>> I'm unfamiliar with the 'I' prefix, too. But it is a common Naming
>> Guideline even in the java- AND the Microsoft-worl. So I think, why  not
>> use it? I haven't actually found a better convention.
>

> I don't like the "I" prefix.
>
> My suggestion: Use entity types for interfaces and entities for their
> implementation.
>
> Example:
>
>    T3P_Core_ComponentManager (Interface)
>    T3P_Core_DefaultComponentManager (Implementation of interface)
>    T3P_Core_FancyComponentManager (Implementation of interface)
>    T3P_Core_DefaultButFancyComponentManager (extends
> T3P_DefaultComponentManager)

Too verbose but not obvious. I think I'm too dumb to get the difference
between the definition and the implementation. And how does this differ
from a class file?

So, going back to the original suggestion I'd use a "Interface" suffix as
the "I" is really ugly:

HelloWorld.php
HelloWorldInterface.php
HelloWorldException.php