[TYPO3-50-general] File name conventions for classes and interfaces

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Dec 11 08:23:30 CET 2006

Am 07.12.2006 um 14:50 schrieb Joerg Schoppet:

> Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>> Wonderful, clear, simple. Personally I dislike the 'I' prefix, but
>> other
>> than that, this is good.
>
> I'm unfamiliar with the 'I' prefix, too. But it is a common Naming
> Guideline even in the java- AND the Microsoft-worl. So I think, why
> not
> use it? I haven't actually found a better convention.

I don't like the "I" prefix.

My suggestion: Use entity types for interfaces and entities for their
implementation.

Example:

    T3P_Core_ComponentManager (Interface)
    T3P_Core_DefaultComponentManager (Implementation of interface)
    T3P_Core_FancyComponentManager (Implementation of interface)
    T3P_Core_DefaultButFancyComponentManager (extends
T3P_DefaultComponentManager)

--
robert
http://typo3.org/gimmefive