[Flow] DocTools - no project?

Martin Kutschker masi-20l4 at typo3.org
Wed Nov 12 21:44:35 CET 2014

Am 10.11.2014 09:35, schrieb Karsten Dambekalns:
> Hi.
>
> On 09.11.2014, at 18:19, Martin Kutschker <masi-20l4 at typo3.org> wrote:
>> I was trying to render the reST docs. I found the package typo3/doctools, but I couldn't get it running. Unfortunately I found no project neither on forge nor jura.
>
> There is none. And since there are no plans to make this an all-purpose, fits-everyone package, there won’t be one. Unless someone does it. :)

The application does two things:

[command]reference:render extracts phpDoc annotations and generate rest
files. This is IMHO of general interest. Possible extensions to this
part are generation of markdown or DocBook, but this can be left for
other packages given there is some kind of API.

documentation:(render|import) consumes reST and imports the docs via
fjson (whatever that is) into TYPO3CR. This might be of interest for
others given that the import supports generic (?) PHPCR implementations.

If I had unlimited time I would fork off the first part. It has an
appeal to me because all of the PHP document generation tools I found
create HTML documents (only Doxygen has a broader scope) So it's rather
nifty if you want to create offline documents or PDFs.

And before starting on the second part I'd had to figure out what fjson
is and how close TYPO3CR is related to PHPCR. :)

Masi