[Flow] CLIs for Flow applications

Martin Kutschker masi-20l4 at typo3.org
Wed Nov 12 15:20:48 CET 2014

Am 10.11.2014 09:40, schrieb Karsten Dambekalns:
> Hi.
>
> On 09.11.2014, at 20:24, Martin Kutschker <masi-20l4 at typo3.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> If you have more than one Flow application (or libraries) then a "./flow help" may list quite a long list of commands. So I had the idea that Flow might support the old Unix binary alias trick, ie calling the same binary via symbolic links to get a set of default arguments.
>
> This works:
>
> ../flow help kickstart
> ../flow help typo3.kickstart
>
> Gives you a list of commands for that package (to dig further) or shows the command help directly (if only one command exists, see “./flow help fluid”).

Unfortunately you have to know this before.

See "./flow help <commandidentifier>" for more information about a
specific command.

Should be changed to something like this:

Use "./flow help <command> | <package> " for more information about a
specific command or to list all commands of a single package."

> The "binary alias” trick could be quite confusing, you could never know if an alias exists at a certain system (so I’d always use “flow”)

You. Eg bash has all kinds of possibilities to adjust for personal
styles. Would vote against a patch?

> and in general I’d rather package up apps as phar archives for standalone use. Surf, anyone? ;)

Nice idea. Has anyone tried to create a phar for a Flow app yet? I
haven't played with phars, so I wonder about the hidden difficulties.

Masi