[Flow] CLIs for Flow applications

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Mon Nov 10 09:40:39 CET 2014

Hi.

On 09.11.2014, at 20:24, Martin Kutschker <masi-20l4 at typo3.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> If you have more than one Flow application (or libraries) then a "./flow help" may list quite a long list of commands. So I had the idea that Flow might support the old Unix binary alias trick, ie calling the same binary via symbolic links to get a set of default arguments.

This works:

./flow help kickstart
./flow help typo3.kickstart

Gives you a list of commands for that package (to dig further) or shows the command help directly (if only one command exists, see “./flow help fluid”).

The "binary alias” trick could be quite confusing, you could never know if an alias exists at a certain system (so I’d always use “flow”) and in general I’d rather package up apps as phar archives for standalone use. Surf, anyone? ;)

Regards,
Karsten