[Flow] Composer question regarding Flow

Martin Kutschker masi-20l4 at typo3.org
Tue Nov 4 10:10:58 CET 2014

Am 04.11.2014 09:58, schrieb Christian Loock:

> IIRC, typo3/party is somewhat directly integrated into flows account
> model. Security probably wouldn't work without it.

The motivation is related to my idea how the word of Flow and Neos can
be spread. IMHO am all-or-nothing framework has a slow start. It's not
easy to get a momentum in the developer community outside of TYPO3. So
the point is to create smaller units, you may call them components, as
appetizers.

If you break up the monolithic Flow into a typo3/flow-essentials (core,
name it to your tase) and a couple of optional packages you create the
possibility to integrate Flow stuff into other projects. Symfony does
this (at least to some degree) and Zend Framework is nearly full
componentized (is that a word).

What I haven't investegated yet is if Party and Eel are usable without
Flow. Fluid currently isn't - and so this is a circular dependency: no
Flow without Fluid, but also no Fluid without Flow.

Masi