[TYPO3-windows] TYPO3-windows Digest, Vol 64, Issue 4

Shade oxytechx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 18:33:58 CET 2010

> I'm having some issues with a TYPO3 installation on a windows IIS 7.
> Basically, on random pages I get a 500 error. And all I have to do to
> solve it is checking the 'no_cache' checkbox in the page properties.
> I've tried copying the page and then there is no problem showing it and
> even caching it.
> I've tried setting up a new TS template there and only showing some text
> via page = PAGE, page.10 = TEXT etc.. But that still gave me a 500
> error.
>
> Anybody has a clue to where I should start looking?
>
> Kind regards,
> Pim Broens

Without further specifics it is a bit difficult to troubleshoot.  I think I
have experienced something similar like this in the past, where clicking a
link would just lead to a blank white page. If I duplicated the page, then
the error wouldn't happen for some time but would then return later, and I
seem to recall that the nocache on the page used to help.

In your php.ini file look for the filepath value in 'error_log', it might be
something like C:\Windows\Temp\php-error.log and click around your site to
catch the 500 error, after the error happens, check the php-error.log file
and report back on the specific error it says.  The first instance of
'error_log' might be commented out, but search for the next and third
instance  as that was my experience to find the error log filepath in
php.ini.