[TYPO3-windows] Compiling Catdoc for Indexed Search tu run Under Windows 2008 64-bit environment

Mohr, Andreas Andreas.Mohr at teraport.de
Tue Dec 15 16:37:56 CET 2009

Catdoc running in a 64-bit environment throws error

Hi alltogether,

I have been using CatDoc for a couple of years under Windows 32-Bit Environments to my full satisfaction. Currently I´m installing Typo3 in a Windows 2008 on a 64-Bit machine with IIS7. So far all modules and extension of Typo3 work perfectly well. Except for the CatDoc parser for word documents for indexed search.

>C:\progs\parse\catdoc\catdoc
This version of C:\progs\parse\catdoc\catdoc.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're run
ning. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) ver
sion of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I could not find a 64-Bit version on the net (nor the "vendor", the mailer daemon returns the mail). Now I am searching for documentation on how to compile CatDoc. I can use GnuWin32 and Visual Studio... but have no experience compiling C code with either one. I suppose the source files for CatDoc all exist in the /src directory... the documentation on GnuWin32 is a killer to start with. Has anyone compiled CatDoc for Windows 64-Bit yet? Does anyone have experience compiling C with Visual Studio? Which will give best results, GnuWin32 or VS?

Any hint or bit of help is greatly appreciated.

Giving my best regards
Andreas