[TYPO3-windows] Who has encounter this problem: Realurl on Windows 2008 IIS 7.0

Idar mailNOSPAM at idar.nl
Sat Apr 4 13:52:28 CEST 2009

Dear List,

We just installed our new TYPO3 4.2.4 enviroment on a Windows 2008, with IIS
7.0,  server
Where trying to get the Realurl working,  but it seems we have a "small"
rule problem!
Because .htaccess doesn't apply in IIS 7.0, we converted the .htaccess file
to a web.config file (with a standarsd tool) and used the standard IIS 7.0
rewrite module!
(see web.config below)
Subsequently we change to 404 error page to redirect to index.php

It works partially:

If you're in the  root (level 0), all the realurl links on the first level
works! example: http://www.domain.com/whatever.html (works!)
But all the realurl links in the sencond level or beneath doesn't work:
example: (http://www.domain.com/level1folder/whatever.html) (doesn't work!)
Probably the realurl doen't know what to do with this link , especially
"/level1/"

And if you're in a level1 and wants to go to another page in another level,
it keeps the "level1" in his url example:
http://www.domain.com/level1folder/level1folder2/whatever2.html => link
should be '"http://www.domain.com/level1folder2/whatever2.html"

We have the assumption that a aren't correct!

 - In realurlconf , we only changed the rootpage_id.
 - added this line to my localconf.php doesn't seems to work:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['requestURIvar'] = '_SERVER|HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL';
 - we are are not allowed to use install/use any thirth party component,
such as "ISAPI_rewrite"

Thanks,

Idar Sprock

Web.config:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
        <rewrite>
            <rules>
                <rule name="ImportedRule1">
                    <match
url="^(typo3|t3lib|tslib|fileadmin|typo3conf|typo3temp|uploads|showpic\.php|favicon\.ico)/"
ignoreCase="false" />
                    <action type="None" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="ImportedRule2">
                    <match url="^typo3$" ignoreCase="false" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="typo3/index_re.php" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="ImportedRule3">
                    <match url=".*" ignoreCase="false" />
                    <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll">
                        <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile"
negate="true" pattern="" ignoreCase="false" />
                        <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}"
matchType="IsDirectory" negate="false" pattern="" ignoreCase="false" />
                    </conditions>
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php" />
                </rule>
            </rules>
        </rewrite>
    </system.webServer>