[TYPO3-windows] Windows IIS Typo3 Environment - running ImageMagickin PHP safe_mode

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Mar 13 18:57:07 CET 2007

Hello Andreas,

> Hi Typo3 Windows community,
>

> Oh yes, and if youhave a hint why the pdfs and ais cannot be read - a
> quick info would be greatly welcome.
>
> Thanx to all
> Andi

To read pdfs and ais you have to install Ghostscript. Either IM and GM can
read pdfs and ais. Even on Linux Ghostscript has to be installed.

Else, you shouldn't use IM 4.2.9. A better solution is GraphicsMagic, or
a newer version of IM (from 6.1.x and upwards). It was some versions 5.x
who had a lot of problems. GM is preferable how I see it, and I using it
on my production server.

Have never tried i safe_mode on Windows. Dropped the whole Windows thing
2 years ago, but as far as I remember there are some tricky permission setting
for 2003 server. Mostly about cmd.exe, which IM or GM uses pretty heavy.
I remember I solved the problem moving this file to the php folder and giving
the two webusers (IUSR etc) read, write and execute to cmd.exe in that folder.
There are som posts from 2004 - 2005 about these problems. Haven't time to
look them up, but you can search on IUSR_.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no