[TYPO3-windows] FW: Typo3Winstaller and GraphicsMagick

Mohr, Andreas andreas.mohr at teraport.de
Thu Dec 13 08:56:48 CET 2007

This is what my Typo3 configuration looks like:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_combine_filename'] = 'composite';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']["im_path"] = 'C:\\Progs\\ImageMagick/';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_version_5'] = 'im5';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']["im_path_lzw"] = 'C:\\Progs\\ImageMagick/';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['TTFdpi'] = '96';

I Installed ImageMagick and Ghostscript:
Ghostscript-Setup "gs853w32.exe" (I do not think you need GS, but I don´t know)
"ImageMagick-6.2.6-5-Q16-windows-dll.exe"
http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/

Important are Permissions on the directories and in especially in Windows security. Replace (WPG_IIS and IUSR_[HOST]) with whatever user the Apache Process is running with. The "Local Security Policy" for this user might need to be set up like the WPG_IIS and IUSR_[HOST] Users in an IIS Environment. Maybe the following table helps, I compared Differences in settings of Local Security Settings -> Local Policy -> User Rights Assignment of a typo3 wamp installation (Apache System) with my IIS Environment:

Access computer from Network	| + IUSR and IWAM
Adjust memory quotas	Local Service, Network Svc |	+ IWAM
Impersonate client after Auth.	Service |	+ IIS_WPG (with IWAM)
Log on as a batch job	Local Service |	+ IUSR and IIS_WPG
Replace a process level token	Local Service, Network Svc |	+ IWAM

Maybe the impersonated APACHE Process is not contained in one of the security setting, add "the user". Below, you need to specify your User(s) instead of (WPG_IIS and IUSR_[HOST]) - WPG_IIS is the Process User and IUSR_[HOST] is Anonymous User...

On directory level of Imagemagick or GraphicsMagick and Ghostscript :
System - Full Control
(WPG_IIS and IUSR_[HOST]) R & E

Verify (WPG_IIS and IUSR_[HOST]) have modify permission on your temporary directories, especially /typo3temp and all sub folders.

Also Make sure in php the following are set to your configuration
; Windows: "\path1;\path2"
include_path = ".;C:\progs\php\pear\;C:\progs\ImageMagick\;C:\progs\gs\gs8.60\"
; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
extension_dir = "C:\progs\php\ext\"
; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
upload_tmp_dir = "C:\progs\tmp"

In my php.ini, the following dll´s in php extension folder C:\progs\php\ext are not commented:

extension=php_curl.dll
extension=php_gd2.dll
extension=php_gettext.dll
extension=php_imap.dll