[TYPO3-windows] Can't install on windows server with IE6

Christian Rehkopf crnet.de at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 11:02:23 CEST 2007

Hi Fred, is the problem still there?

In holiday-times it is quiet in here.

;-)

Check the
[typo3dir]/typo3conf/localconf.php
if there is another $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['installToolPassword'] set
or only the original one.
There can be multiple entrys - the line with higher number overwrites
the ones with the lower numbers.

I have never had problems caused of browsers or curious subdomains in
the Install-tool , is should be somewhere else.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely

Christian Rehkopf
www.crnet.de

"Fred" <hamel at urbansecurity.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1184238856.21615.typo3-windows at lists.netfielders.de...
> I found on a dutch forum that my problem is due to a bug between IE
and
> the (sub)domains that have an underscore.
> My url was draft_alpha.mydomain.com. I tried with another domain
and
> there is no problem to access to login nor to the backend with IE.
>
> Anyway there is still another bug with the install tool : when I
change
> the password or just when I log-out and re-log-in I can't access to
the
> Install party, I just have the log-in box and the alert text, when
my
> password is bad it display me the md5() value, when it's the good
one
> there is nothing more. This bug is related with any browser. I was
told
> that there is a way to take this security off but I didn't find how
or
> what to do instead.
>
> Fred a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a great problem with my Typo3.
> >
> > I word on a  windows 2000 dedicated server
> > - IIS et framework .net (ASP.NET / MS-SQL for some sites)
> > - PHP 4.3.6
> > - MySQL 4.0.18
> >
> > One site is working with the CMS SPIP without any problems.
> >
> > My problem is : I can't do anything with Internet Explorer 6.
> > I tried to install a new quickstart 3.8.1 but my install tool
keeps
> > displaying me the alert and asks for the password.
> > On my other websites (installed with firefox) I can't access to
my
> > pretected pages nor to the backend.
> >
> > I configured IE to accept javascript and cookies, and it works
fine on
> > the SPIP site and on local.
> > When I make a infophp() on my server I can't see any informations
> > about cookies nor sessions whereas I have no problems with
Firefox.