[TYPO3-windows] Installing on IIS

Ernst van Altena vanaltena at hetnet.nl
Mon Oct 16 21:38:22 CEST 2006

Hello Simon,

Typo3 in running without any problems on a wondows platfom. The problems
with the database connection could be solved by using an ODBC connention.
Install the ODBC driver from the MySql website and it works.
The first time you connect to your database don't use a password on the
database user, once you are connected you can adjust a password. Otherwise
you could have connection problems with the database.
An other problem you have to solve is real url if you are working with IIS
as webserver it's a disaster to configure it!! So if I was you I would use
Apache, but thats your choice. If you are working without real url typo3
works perfect!
If you want to use realurl on IIS please use iaspi rewrite thats the best
working apllication to get real url working on IIS. the problem is thats you
have to make exclusions for every dirctory in the fileadmin, for the typo3
back end, the install tool etc. etc.

If you have any problems contact me.

Kind regards and succes
Ernst van Altena