[TYPO3-windows] Can not connect to online repository with win2k3

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Mar 30 08:37:48 CEST 2006

Hello Ernst,

> Sometimes I wonder why I don't use a Linux server???? But that's
> another subject.

I had the same question about 9 months ago. And started using Linux.

> I' am using a Win2K3 server with Apache 2.0.55 with PHP 4.4.2 and
> MySQL 4.0.23. The version TYPO3 is 3.8.1. PHP is installed as ISAPI
> using the php4apache2.dll. Everything is working correctly, the only
> feature witch is not working in the connection to the online
> repository.
>
> I tried a few options and installed PHP also as CGI, both option are
> working perfect the only problem is that it's not possible to connect
> to the online repository.
>
> The same configuration on a Win2K server, is able to connect. So it
> must be a windows issue.
>
> Is there anyone with the same experience or can tell what the cause is

Check your memory_limit in PHP. TER2 used in version 4 looks to need at least
32 MB. Maybe it's also give some problems on version 3.8.1 Else, check your
server logs. If you don't do it already, configure PHP to output error messages
to a file.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no