[TYPO3-windows] Windows Install - Can't Login to BE

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Wed Jun 14 20:42:40 CEST 2006

Hello t,

Please use your full name.

> Hello,
>
> I have been searching all over for information in this regard but have
> not found any solutions.  I would appreciate your help.
>
> I have a Windows XP machine and has PHP 5.1.9 and MySQL 5.0.29 running
> on it.  I use phpMyAdmin for the database interface as well.  This is
> my local test platform.

Didn't know PHP had version 5.1.9 and MySQL 5.0.29. Highest version i know
of are 5.1.4 and 5.0.22.

> I have tried to install Typo3 with out much success.
> I installed the quick install package 3.8.1 and run
> the quick install tool as described in the
> documentation.  Here is what happens:
> 1.- The database gets created. (confirmed via
> phpMyAdmin)
> 2.- The front end is displayed on the localhost.
> 3.- Can not log into the backend.
> 3.1.-  The default user and password are located in
> the be_users table.  I checked the integrity of the
> password with a MD5 tool and checked ok.
> 3.2.-  Can not add a new user to the database.  The
> tool simply does not insert the new record.
> I am currently evaluating this package against a few other CMS
> systems.  It looks promising but I can't get it to work on my local
> machine.  Without access to the backend there is not much I can do
> with it. Do you have any suggestions?

Your answer is here, http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2059

Else, you should probably not use the latest versions of either PHP or MySQL
when testing open source CMS. You can't be sure if everything is working.
The best platform for comparision of PHP based open source CMS are PHP 4.4.x
and MySQL 4.1.16->.

TYPO3 3.8.1 are not 100% compatible against PHP 5.x. TYPO3 4.0 should be.
MySQL 5.x need to run in without some of it's stricter rules to work, probably
in MySQL4 compatible mode.

But I'm running TYPO3 4.0 with PHP 5.1.2 and MySQL 5.0.20 on Debian 3.1 without
problem.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no