[TYPO3-windows] Windows Install - Can't Login to BE

t ambo tsubmit at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 18:52:37 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have been searching all over for information in this
regard but have not found any solutions.  I would
appreciate your help.

I have a Windows XP machine and has PHP 5.1.9 and
MySQL 5.0.29 running on it.  I use phpMyAdmin for the
database interface as well.  This is my local test
platform.

I have tried to install Typo3 with out much success.
I installed the quick install package 3.8.1 and run
the quick install tool as described in the
documentation.  Here is what happens:
1.- The database gets created. (confirmed via
phpMyAdmin)
2.- The front end is displayed on the localhost.
3.- Can not log into the backend.
3.1.-  The default user and password are located in
the be_users table.  I checked the integrity of the
password with a MD5 tool and checked ok.
3.2.-  Can not add a new user to the database.  The
tool simply does not insert the new record.

I am currently evaluating this package against a few
other CMS systems.  It looks promising but I can't get
it to work on my local machine.  Without access to the
backend there is not much I can do with it. Do you
have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sandro.