[Typo3-windows] Newbie Windows NT installation questions...

Alisa Davis casa3311 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:11:01 CEST 2005

I am a PHP programmer by trade, but do a lot of volunteer work on the side.
I generally work on the standard *nix, Apache, mySQL, PHP, Perl systems, but
when I volunteer, I rarely have control over the servers. I am generally
doing a redesign so everything is already in place. Unless they are just way
over paying, I don't usually recommend that they move the site.

I have been searching high and low for a CMS that would satisfy my
"pickiness" for code structure while being easy for my non-paying clients to
maintain their sites once I design them. I much prefer the XHTML/CSS
structure of the no tables and so far had not found the ability to acomplish
that with a CMS. If I'm reading things correctly, I think that Typo3 will
allow for this.

I have just started a project for a redesign of a site for an orphanage.

I created a script with only phpinfo();, uploaded it and viewed it.
According to that, the server has the following configuration:

PHP Version 4.3.11
mySQL Client API version 3.23.49
System - Windows NT WEBA19 5.2 build 3790
Server_Software - Microsoft-IIS/6.0
DOM/XML - enabled
GD Support - enabled
Zend Loade - enabled
ZLib Support - enabled
Session Support - enabled
XML Support - active

As far as I can tell, ImageMagick is not installed. I am not familar with
this product. Is this something that I can load onto the server myself or
would I need to get the sysadmin to do it?

What issues will I have with Typo3 since it is running Windows NT instead of
Apache?