[Typo3-windows] blank page?

Darko Kalevski kdarko at unet.com.mk
Wed Dec 14 19:08:22 CET 2005

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder wrote:
> Darko Kalevski wrote:
>
>>>who knows how many already posted...i read thru dozen of blank page
>>>related topics but couldnt find my way...
>>>
>>>typo3 3.81. c:\www is the root folder for websites,
>>>c:\www\t3_dummy
>>>c:\www\t3_quickstart
>>>c:\www\t3_source
>>>
>>>typo3_src in both dummy and quickstart above point (junctions) to
>>>c:\www\t3_source. i try to open localhost/t3_dummy or
>>>localhost/t3_quickstart...blank page. when i open in notepad both
>>>index.php files...they are empty...is this the correct?
>>>
>>>in reference, i'm attaching my phpinfo output :)
>>>
>>>havent delete any die function lines or anything...didnt where from
>>>and
>>>what exactly to delete?!?
>>>i guess it is C:\www\t3_source\typo3\install\index.php ?
>>>
>>>i commented out like this:
>>>/*if (1==0 || (substr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'],0,7)!='192.168' &&
>>>$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']!='127.0.0.1')) {
>>>die("In the source distribution of TYPO3, the install script is
>>>typo3/install/index.php and remove/out-comment the line that outputs
>>>this message!");
>>>}*/
>>>
>>>or just //die("......");
>

> what you did is correct.
>
> try to put your phpinfo.php file in something like c:\www\t3_dummy\ and call
> http://localhost/t3_dummy/phpinfo.php
> if this does not succeeds, probably something is wrong with your apache
> setup.

done. the page is displayed and identical to let say
localhost/phpinfo.php. what now? i havent set any permission or anything
in these folders (like i'm supposed to when i ran linux/unix)?

i just made:
in dummy folder: junction -s typo3_src ..\t3_source
in quickstart folder: junction -s typo3_src ..\t3_source

previously, i deleted typo3_src file so I can make junction.

if i go and open explorer. the size, the number of files...all is well.

even if die() function remains by default (uncommented) i dont get the
error i'm supposed to get, the error/message which will indicate that i
need to comment the die() function. all i get is blank page either way.

> besides: according to the NG rules you should _NEVER_ attach any files to
> your postings !!! multiply the 44,5kb of your rather useless file with
> 10'000 readers and you instantly see why ...
>
> let us know what happend,

yup. thought of it, but too late, already pressed send. i'm sorry folks.

so...whats the thoughts now? i'm opening typo3-quickstart.pdf
though..lets see whats inside...
tried google...browsed like 10 pages of the search results for typo3
blank page...nothing useful apart from links to posts from this
newsgroup and mailinglist, which i have read.

darko