[Typo3-windows] Unstable IIS 5.1 on XP

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Wed Jul 23 17:48:35 CEST 2003

Hi Jesper,

> My main objective is to get an IIS and an Apache to work at the same time.
> (because the old sites have to work on IIS while I build the new one on
> Apache).

> I know that you can assign diffent port to the different serves, but how
> does this work?

- Run the server that will (virtually) be in front on Port 80.
- Run the second server on another port
- Use proxy forwarding to mirror one site on a virtual subdirectory of your
  front server

Example:

- Apache on port 80 (default)
- IIS on another port, e.g. port 81 (don't ask me, I don't use IIS)
- enable the proxy module in the LoadModule section
- add this to your httpd.conf:

<--- snip ---
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /oldsite http://myserver:81/
ProxyPassReverse /oldsite http://myserver:81/
--- snap --->

I didn't try this, but I think this should work.

Cheers - michael