[Typo3-windows] Installation Problem: ImageMagick on W2K

Guillermo Scharffenorth gscharf at cantv.net
Sun Jul 6 19:45:25 CEST 2003

Hi,  I don't know if this will help you but, somewhere in the install
documentation for typo 3, its says that typo 3 "does not like" path names
with spaces, such as c:\my documents\ or c:\program files\.  I installed all
components and scripts used by tipo3 and typo3 itself on paths without
spaces.  This did help and solve, not all the problems, but many.

Good luck.

Guillermo Scharffenorth

*************************
"Joel Finkel" <finkel at sdi.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1054768203.21200.typo3-windows at lists.netfielders.de...
Friends,

I have had no luck at all installing ImageMagick on W2K with Apache and PHP.
Here are the pertinent facts:

Apache:
2.0
doc_root: N:\Websites

PHP:
4.3.3 installed as a module
open_basedir = <not defined>

ImageMagick:
5.5.7
installed in:  E:\Program Files\ImageMagick

Windows Environment Variables:
PATH includes "E:\Program Files\ImageMagick"
MAGICK_HOME = "E:\Program Files\ImageMagick\modules\Coders"

To verify that the installation works, I go to a Command Prompt
and execute these commands from any directory:

convert logo: logo.miff
imdisplay logo.miff

The logo displays.

In Typo3 Installation Tool (really, really nice!), the only image processing
that passes the test are the first three, although the second generates an
image that has fewer total bytes than the reference image.  The major
problem is that none of the tests that involve ImageMagick works.

Within Typo3, no thumbnails are available although JPG files can be
displayed on the site.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Joel R Finkel