[TYPO3-UG UK] help with 4.2.2 and rte editor

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 16:32:46 CEST 2008

Hi Piers,

Please see my comments below:

Piers Aitman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please help a new user with a suspected new installation problem!
>
> I've just installed the new package of typo3 4.2.2 + dummy on
> Linux/Apache/PHP 5.2.6, and when I go to edit pages in the rte, this
> message comes up:

I assume this is a new installation not an upgrade?

> The file
> "typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/plugins/BlockElements/locallang.xml"
> is no TYPO3 language file!

Can you check in your web browser that this file actually exists:

http://[enter domain or IP
here]/typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/plugins/BlockElements/locallang.xml

Otherwise are you running PHP in 'safe mode' or do you have any
open_basedir restrictions in place?

> When I look under the extensions manager, the bottom of the htmlarea rte
> page lists a load of files under 'naming annoyances', including the one
> above, like this:
>
> A difference between the originally installed version and the current
> was detected!
>
> Modified files:
> ChangeLog
> class.tx_rtehtmlarea_base.php
> etc

Nothing to worry about, it seems something went wrong when the extension
author published the latest version to the extension repository.

When an extension is published the extension manager generates checksums
on all files included in the extension and store them in a serialized
format in the 'em_conf.php' extension file.

Best regards,

Oliver

--
Oliver Rowlands