[Typo3-UG UK] Microsoft SQL

Dominic Stockdale dom at 3ev.com
Wed Jan 21 10:54:28 CET 2004

MJones at antal.com wrote:

> I am currently running on an IIS web server with PHP, MySQL and MS-SQL
> installed.  The aim is to have some Typo3 pages to be able to display some
> MS-SQL database information. Am I being reasonable here or not?...
>
> Mike Jones

Hi Mike,

Yes you can but the description is a bit misleading. TYPO3 itself
doesn't have any database abstraction yet, it can only run on MySQL. You
can make an extension that grabs information from anywhere though, like
another db, and displays it in TYPO3. If you can do it with PHP then you
can do it in TYPO.

Dom

--

Dominic Stockdale