[Typo3-UG UK] UNIX server

Stefan Onken Support at stonki.de
Fri Jan 16 12:21:23 CET 2004

Hi,

> Hi can anyone help me as I am new to php and want to know what is
> best to down load as I am having problems getting it to connect
> to the database.

I am not even understanding your question nor problem. Download ?
PHP ? Database ?

If you are talking about the Typo3 Package: download the Dummy
Package. It will run with PHP 4 and Mysql 3.x and Mysql 4.x (5.x
not tested yet). I am strongly advice to create first a new mysql
user and database for the typo3 installation, you can use
phpMyAdmin to do this quite easily. Remember to set the rights of
the user to limit him to the typo3 DB. Reload Mysql (!), try to
install.

cu
stonki

--