Re: [Typo3-UG UK] Background Color won´t change..?!

Adrian Yeeles a.yeeles at synergy-communications.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 15:05:54 CET 2003

Anne-Marie

> I have a (stupid) problem that I can´t seem to come across!
> I have implemented a HTML-template, but no matter what I do, it seems I
> can´t change the background color to #999999.

Typo3 does not include anything that is not between the opening and
closing body tags of your html template - it writes the <body> tag too
so any attributes of the body tag on your html template are not
included either. Typo3 writes all the header tags based on the page
setup.

To add a link to a css stylesheet you need to add to the (Typo3)
template setup something like the following:

page.headerData >
page.headerData = COBj_ARRAY
page.headerData.10 = HTML
page.headerData.10.value = <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
page.headerData.11 = HTML
page.headerData.11.value = <link href="fileadmin/stylesheet.css"
rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen,print" />

Then Typo3 will add

<link href="fileadmin/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
media="screen,print" />

to the head of your page.

An alternative method is to add this to your page setup:

page.stylesheet = fileadmin/stylesheet.css

Obviously, in both cases you will need to upload a suitable stylesheet
file to the admin directory.

regards

Adrian

Adrian Yeeles