[Typo3-UG UK] OT: openoffice.org

Nigel Jackson nigelj at pobox.com
Tue Jul 29 23:19:30 CEST 2003

Emile Maccarrone wrote:
> Thank you Nige,
>
> I have installed Open Office version 1.0.1 for windows, and i downloaded
> many of the available documentation, which are compressed in zip format,
> and are containing a layout/cahce file (WITHOUT extension), a folder
> with the images and a few xml files.

I would say that's you problem...when I download the files they arrive
as .sxw files, which is OpenOffice's format.

If yours are downloading in some other format, that's why OO is asking
for a filter, 'coz it doesn't recognise what you have!

When you download, make sure the "save as type" drop down box says "all
files"...then you should get sxw's that'll open in OO no problem.

hth

Nige