[TYPO3-UG US] Adblock and banners

Knight, Jason jknigh7 at emory.edu
Fri Jan 22 18:01:38 CET 2010

Hi All,

We've run into an issue with tx_macinabanners and Adblock. The issue being
the obvious, it's blocking the content*.

*/tx_macinabanners/* made it into the Easylist filter some time ago. The
quickest solution I could think of would be to edit the code and just change
the upload/link path to something less 'ad-bannery', e.g.
'/uploads/els_announcements/". The concern is that this would be a somewhat
fragile solution as the next update to the plugin could overwrite any
changes.

As near as I can tell the link paths are hard coded:

src=\"uploads/tx_macinabanners/"

Modifying the tca allows me to change the upload path but not 'img' link.

Can anyone think of a better, different, more permanent solution to keeping
our announcements from running afoul of AdBlock?

Any ideas would be appreciated,

-J

*we've got content editors that are making use of the plugin as an
announcement platform. Things like conferences, class is canceled, etc. I'd
suggest another plugin or method of posting the content but I'm reluctant to
change things on them when I'm just happy that they've taken ownership of
the content and process. Nothing is being 'advertised' that hasn't already
been funded through tuition, fees or grants.

--
Jason Knight
jason.knight at emory.edu
Business Analyst
Emory Law School IT Dept.
404.727.7568

information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
prohibited.