[TYPO3-UG US] Launch of Fogo De Chão on TYPO3

Ron Hall ronslists at busynoggin.com
Fri Jul 24 16:18:35 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I wanted to announce a launch of the Fogo De Chão site on TYPO3 (www.fogodechao.com
). Michael and Virgil will know this place.

The ad agency supplied the the visual design. I handled the front end
code and TYPO3 work. Jeff Segars built the comments extension.

It is a graphic-oriented site. Check out the scrolling map in
locations and click on a location like Dallas. SlideShowPro handles
the slideshows and Flowplayer handles the video on the site.

The big logo graphic is a transparent png that crops the top hero image.

Finally, the gift card link takes you to an ASP site that handles
gifts cards. The gift card site looks identical to the main site
because code is fetched from the main TYPO3 site and included into the
ASP site. This means that the top menu, hero image, footer promos and
CSS styling are all handled from the main TYPO3 site and will
automatically update on the ASP site.

This type of mashup is actually very easy to do. I will write about it
on buzz.typo3.org sometime this weekend.

Thanks,
Ron