[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3 Conference In Dallas, Texas

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Nov 11 15:56:43 CET 2008

Hey Virgil,
The last place you would hold a conference? I didn't think Dallas was
quite that bad :) If it was Dallas in August instead of April, I might
agree though ;)

Given our our current community in the US, there were actually a lot of
factors that made Dallas an attractive location.

* The only active usergroup (at least that I'm aware of) in the US
happens to meet in Dallas.  This gives us a built in group that we know
will attend the conference and also local people who are already helping
with the organization.

* A TYPO3 Association member in Dallas has offered their facilities at a
very good rate that we couldn't come close to matching elsewhere.

* The facility is very close to to DFW Airport, with plenty of hotels
nearby which should make travel easy for all attendees.

* DFW is a major international airport with easy access from the West
Coast or East Coast. For most people, reasonably priced non-stop or
one-stop flights should not be problem.

Hope that gives some insight into why the location was chosen.

Thanks,
Jeff