[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3 US Call Notes for January 6, 2008

Michael Cannon michael at cannonbose.com
Mon Jan 21 19:06:50 CET 2008

Thank you to everybody that participated. Skype definitely doesn't
work when there's a few of us on the call, so we've moved the call to
my call-in conference line.

--
TYPO3 All Comers Welcome Call
Sunday January 6, 2008 @ 6 PM Eastern for 1-hour

    * Michael Cannon
    * Tony Lush
    * Chris Duffy
    * Greg Remington
    * Chris Hunt

Keep An Eye On

    * http://www.openfreeway.com/, open source commerce
          o http://www.magentocommerce.com/
    * jk_poll, polling extension
    * ve_guestbook, guestbook and news commenting
    * comments, http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/comments/1.0.6/
    * Other recommendations here
    * Recent dedicated server option
          o http://www.hostrocket.com/dedicated.html, $ 69.95 plus $
29.95 for cpanel
          o cpanel whm/reseller supports hosting account to "create
new account" transfers
          o Check with Martin at cablan.net for dedicated server help

Agenda

   1. Meet all folks and get acquainted.
   2. Give a feel for our current expertise plus the areas in which
   3. we're looking to grow over the next future.
   4. Get a good feel for how each of us work
   5. Look at some of the work we've each have done previously. Ask
questions about how the project was executed, what challenges were
faced, etc.
   6. Brief on local TYPO3 happenings
   7. Engage in any TYPO3 or web talk that comes up.
   8. List topics of discussion for future conferences
         1. TYPO3 basics for attracting new human resources to help us
with basic tasks
         2. Server Setup, optimization and development environments
         3. Marketing and Sales strategies and materials based on
group core competencies
         4. Development and deployment models using recyclable demo environments
         5. Building shared business processes, documentation and
management practices
   9. Sharing of project templates
         1. Requirements review
         2. Project Plan
         3. Requirements specification
         4. Design specification
         5. Testing plan
         6. User guide (not included yet)
         7. project-document-templates.zip

Upcoming Projects

    * http://www.3d-radar.com/
    * http://bjtonline.com/
    * http://etco.com/ -- large
    * http://bmsplastics.com
    * http://argusanalyzers.com/cms/
    * http://theimagesource.hawkerbeechcraft.com/cs/
    * http://www.rpmorrison.com/
    * http://conanicutmarina.com/

--
Michael

-----
Michael Cannon
President of Cannonbose, LLC
+1 (800) 559-9773  |  +1 (603) 559-9773  |  Fax : +1 (802) 609-2776