[TYPO3-UG US] Typo3: .ca & .us consortium ideas

Michael Cannon michael-typo3 at cannonbose.com
Fri Sep 22 23:43:08 CEST 2006

I've had a few calls this past week with people interested in North
America TYPO3 Association, NATA, marketing efforts.

Quite a few concerns come down to how will the NATA become self-
sufficient regarding funding and how will members benefit.

It seems that at this time, any NATA efforts are going to be working
around a core group of people to accomplish two main goals.

1. Increase North American awareness of TYPO3
2. Gain corporate acceptance of TYPO3 as a viable solution

Once I've reviewed the official TYPO3 global marketing documentation,
I might revise the two previous goals. The goals can also change
based upon your supported feedback.

If you're interested in supporting NATA in a small or large part,
contact me directly to compile a list of resources and interests.
 From talks to take place next week, we might be moving forward with
a small scale Typo3.us launch. While in Germany, further discussions
with the TYPO3 association core will be held to gather further
guidance before we work on expanding Typo3.us.

Who here will be available to sit and talk in Germany?

After Germany, who'll be available for a group IM conference the
second week of October?

Other general thoughts from discussions
-----
* Present TYPO3 as business resource with details to strategically
aligned TYPO3 consultancies
* North American weekend TYPO3 conference
* Incorporate TYPO3 .ca .us as non-profit or for profit agency
* find a way to increase community
* increase visibility of TYPO3
* increase visibility of consultancies
* acknowledgment of members
** honorary for being base team
** corporate
** individual
* Make TYPO3 into a re-sellable product
** pre-built installations
** formal support packages
** clustered solutions

Michael

-----
Michael Cannon
President of Cannonbose, LLC
Tel    : +1 (603) 294-4418         Fax : +1 (802) 609-2776