[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3.us Project

Michael Cannon michael-typo3 at cannonbose.com
Fri Sep 15 23:23:19 CEST 2006

I'm seeing a few more people come out of the woodworks this past week
on talks about typo3.us, so we must be hitting a nerve. As such, I'll
broach one thought on why we're holding back with Typo3.us.

[ ego thinking]
We want to know what's in it for us. This Typo3.us site is supposed
to be for us as a whole, but folks are concerned about lost leads,
opportunities, and contracts because they're sharing the Typo3 pot
with each other.

Frankly, I used to care about the same thing, but then realized that
I needed to quit worrying about other people and start focusing more
on my company and clients. By focusing inward on my company and
clients, my reputation and capabilities has grown quite a bit. I used
to be one of them freelancers, but now Cannonbose is at 12 folks
outside of the 24/7 network admin teams.

Cannonbose grew because I quit worrying about losing business and
instead on keeping and helping each and every one of my clients by
doing my best for them.

Competition amongst us is a good thing. If it wasn't for competition,
our overall quality of work would be lower, our contracts would be
smaller, and we wouldn't have any pressure to reach higher for
ourselves or clients. Without competition, it's too easy to get fat
and lazy with ourselves and in our attitudes towards clients.

Now that I'm able to pop my head up more readily and look back at
where Cannonbose has been; I've realized that Cannonbose could be
even bigger by having worked with others like each of us to share
tips, tricks, advice, services, and even sob stories.

In long, I'm finding that the more I help others, whether small
office, home office, government offices, or national accounts
Cannonbose is more successful. Sure I lose some leads and sales
because I'm helping others too much with how to do something and
sharing resources, but most importantly, Cannonbose's name gets out
there for other to know as a solid, reliable resource.

In short, if we quit lurking around and start working together on
something small and simple for promoting ourselves as a whole, we can
grow it to all of our benefits.
[ /ego thinking ]

Michael

-----
Michael Cannon
President of Cannonbose, LLC
Tel    : +1 (603) 294-4418         Fax : +1 (802) 609-2776