[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3.us Project

Reuven Cohen, CTO Enomaly ruv at enomaly.com
Thu Sep 14 19:17:21 CEST 2006

In regards to the CMS conference circuit, I've been invited again this
year to speak at Content Week 2007 in January. This year I will speak on
the benefits of open source content management specifically dealing with
content virtualization. I will also be attending the upcoming TYCON in
Germany in a few weeks. Please feel free to track me down. I'm not hard
to find.

A Brief overview of content virtualization;
The Content virtualization model that allows for a microkernel to be
compiled in conjunction to the core CMS components.  A webservices
architecture as well as an web interface would allow for a completely
virtualized content platform capable of being tremendously scalable.
Applying the designs of Virtualization, Web services and SOA to content
management presents an opportunity for a virtual content layer, where
the CMS is defined not as a monolithic repository but rather as a
logical library of interchangeable self-describing & self replicating
components.  The system could be configured to run on a single server,
multiple physical servers, multiple virtualized servers, grids or a
combination of all of the above.  Meaning that as your system
requirements grow, so does your content management system, on the fly.

reuven