[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3.us Project

Michael Cannon michael-typo3 at cannonbose.com
Thu Sep 14 06:11:08 CEST 2006

Dimitri,

I didn't attend the Las Vegas CMS conference, sponsoring an event is
big cash, $ 28K. Maybe next year, it might be a possibility.

I'm in Portsmouth, New Hampshire which is an hour north of Boston. I
can readily travel in the US and out. Though right now my passport in
the hands of Russian Embassy awaiting a new visa.

I'm on the lookout to establish more professional Typo3 relationships
in the US, Canada, and Latin American markets. I've got some good
size projects and retainers along with the typical smaller ones that
most folks are used to. I keep a team of 12 busy and am looking to
bring a couple more folks onto the sales team as the development team
gets better situated. With our distributed sales, network,
development, and support teams, we run off of a customer and project
management system from midnight till 8 PM Eastern.

Cannonbose seems to be doing a good chunk of serious heavy lifting
projects instead of the typical small business websites. I've got
clients pushing the limits with online magazines, business process
markets, sponsor systems, Hollywood marketing and advertising, CRM,
geo-location content delivery, and upcoming ERP. As such, Cannonbose
seems to fit best into behind the scenes work for higher profile
marketing agencies that can sale away while not having to stress
about delivering what they sold.

On the server side, I'm bringing a new CPU box with a disk array
online with 1.2 TB of disk space via RAID 50 and hot spares. Data
will be quite well protected before even needing to touch the rolling
7-day backups. With this new monster box, one of my current boxes
with become a fall-back server thereby though not a true fail-over
soution. Through the new network, I've got total redundancy on
network, servers, data, DNS, email, database etc.

Typo3 is open source software and when we don't like something, we
can change it. As such, we can make the system better suited to our
American market. The idea of a true quick install system such as the
wireframe concept that Reuven introduced on Enomaly.net comes to mind.

I think the idea of an American Typo3 coalition is solid. If nothing
else, it could just be a group of folks that gather around a video
conference with beer in hand and gripe, groan, suggest, tease,
illuminate, and generally have fun while getting some occasional
tidbits of work and passing of professional advice along.

I know that I offered to help with Typo3.us marketing regarding
customer contacting, presentation, and talking it up. Then as
Cannonbose started growing, I backed out. During this time, I've also
realized that if we don't try, really work together, and make a
concerted effort for helping each other, we're all not going to be as
good as what we could be.

Going further, there's no reason why the work that's been suggested
for Typo3.us can't be shared with Typo3.com. These efforts on
Typo3.us would help all of us and ultimately our future clients. I
fully realize the need for a single formal organization to fall under
and then informal groups to help socialize folks.

With that said, I'm open to leading the informal side of the American
Typo3 Association as a mouth, cajoler, and general happy, go lucky guy.

Michael

-----
Michael Cannon
President of Cannonbose, LLC
Tel    : +1 (603) 294-4418         Fax : +1 (802) 609-2776