[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3.us Project

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 13 10:13:01 CEST 2006

Hi Michelle

With interest I follow this list. Simply for the fact that I am involved
(user, private promoter, web developer) with typo3 here in the UK, but
being Canadian it is not inconceivable that at some point I may return
to The Great White North and it would be handy to know how the T3
project goes in NA and who is involved with it, and in what way.

> You may be wondering why I am writing all of this, and that is because I
> wanted to give an official notice that I'm leaving the TYPO3 project
> completely, both personally and professionally. Some of the attitudes
> toward this project is one small reason because I don't feel I need such
> negativity in my life right now, but I have other larger reasons for
> leaving as I feel I can no longer, in good conscience, promote or
> recommend TYPO3 any longer.

It's not a very nice picture you've painted. Interestingly enough from
all you've written you seem like a well informed and professional
individual, and the ideal type of person who we/I want to have promoting
the software. Scarily though no one seems to have had the foresight or
thought to ask why you feel the way you do, as described above - and to
my mind that is scary because it shows a lack within the community of
trying to solve the problem, and only adds an air of truth to the
comments you've made regarding others actions.

Like you I am just a user and developer with the CMS, and in no way am I
tied to the core or any other part of the 'system' that is typo3  - my
involvement extends as far as being a mailing list user and an
association member (as it is the simplest way that I can support
development). So as a user I'm hoping that perhaps you might share, by
PM if you'd prefer, why you feel you can not promote typo3 any longer?
What has changed your attitude and feelings so strongly?

I sincerely hope to hear back from you,a s that may be the only way to
learn what you see as the problems and possible how to resolve them.

All the best in your future endeavours,
Tyler